Monday 10 October 2016

This Is How I Decided On the Best Elementary School in NYC

This year, by the time it was my daughter’s birthday, I knew it was time for me to start searching for a good elementary school in NYC for her. There are a lot of options available in the whole of NYC, but as any other parent, I too wanted the best for my child.

As a single parent, I have always been extra cautious of the environment in which my daughter grows. I did a lot of research before settling on a daycare for Sarah and I wanted to make sure that the elementary school she goes to should be one of the best in NYC.



Before starting to search for an elementary school in a haphazard manner, I thought a much better way would be to list out the criteria on the basis of which, I would apply to the best elementary schools in NYC.

At first, I shortlisted the good ones on the basis of the reviews online, then I listed down the ones that were in close proximity to my workplace for the obvious factor of convenience.

Being a single parent is tough. However, if the school where your kid spends most of her/his time is good, then some of your worries are taken away.
Moreover, I wanted to make sure that nothing was amiss because my child’s educational foundation depended on the elementary school she would be enrolled in.
This is why I attended open house events and took tours of all the shortlisted schools which gave me a fair idea of the environment in which Sarah would be spending her time.

After having met the staff of the schools and doing a thorough check of credentials of the prospective teachers and schools, I finally narrowed the options to 3 schools.


 I am waiting for the results to be announced with my fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment